Monday, June 28, 2010

THOR'S TNT Story

Thor is an amazing dog who I fell in love with right when Jimmy and I started dating in 2007. At first he kinda scared me because he was so hyper, but who doesn't love an amazing Bulldog!


A couple weeks ago he started looking sick and stopped eating. He was loosing tons of weight and just wasn't himself. Jimmy took him to the vet we went to in Sumner and the doctor turned him away 4 times in one day just telling him to monitor Thor. He called me all day off and on I knew there was something really wrong. He told me he was going to call a vet down in Vancouver that was a family friend to see if she could give him some insight. She recommended Laura and Jimmy took Thor out right away.


Thor is Jimmys world and I was so happy when Laura took the time to figure out what was going on and even took Thor home with her a couple nights to be able to keep a better eye on him. Even though Jimmy and I have separated our dogs are our kids and no matter what I will be there for him and support him with Thor and Oakley forever. I tried my best to be as supportive as I could and be there for him and Thor.


Thor had two blood transfusions and was put on a few meds to help his body. We found out he has condition where his body attacks and kills his red blood cells. Luckily Oakley is still living with Jimmy and was able to keep Jimmy company while Thor was at the hospital. She is an amazing dog as well - she is my dog :) - but she was there for Jimmy just to love him and that is what he needed.



Here is the link to the story in the paper. http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/06/28/1244171/trust-in-a-stranger-saves-dogs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment